Due to a shortage of ripe apples, Pick Your Own (PYO) apples will not be available this weekend Oct 3 and 4th. PYO apples will reopen when the Pink Lady apples get ripe. Pre-picked apples, watermelons, pumpkins, and jams/jellies are available for purchase in the farm store.
PYO pumpkins with hay rides to the pumpkin patch will be available this weekend from 1- 5:30 Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
COVID–19 Pick Your Own Guidelines (Revised 9/24/20)
Due to COVID–19 pick your own (PYO) procedures at Buffalo Trail Orchard have
been modified to protect the health of customers and employees. TN Dept. of
Agriculture recommendations will be followed as listed below:
- Any person showing signs of illness or who has had recent contact with a sick person should stay home.
- Social distancing shall be practiced to keep 6 feet of distance between other individuals (other than family members) and groups at all times.
- Adults, teens and older children that can practice social distancing will be allowed to pick independently. Young children must always be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering in settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain, both indoors and outdoors. Face masks are required inside the apple barn and during hay rides.
- A handwashing station will be provided so pickers can wash their hands before and after picking.
- Customers should only touch items they intend to purchase.
- Picnic tables and other eating areas are not available.
- Pets are not allowed in the orchard or berry/pumpkin patches. Service animals are allowed.
- New plastic bags provided by Buffalo Trail Orchard will be used for apple picking.
- Buffalo Trail Orchard employees will sanitize high touch surfaces approximately every two hours in accordance with CDC recommendations.
Buffalo Trail Orchard is East Tennessee’s favorite pick-your-own farm! We’re a Century Farm that has been growing crops and raising cattle since James Collins purchased the first 34 acres in 1890.
These days we start the year in June with blackberries. Blueberries and peaches come in July, followed by apples which ripen throughout the fall into November. Each Fall our pumpkin patch is covered with a wide variety of homegrown pumpkins, and we offer hay rides for the perfect family experience out on the farm!
For our schedule and to find out what’s in season, just give us a call (423-639-2297) or click a link to our facebook page at the top or bottom of the website. We keep facebook updated with the latest information.
We can’t wait to see you out at the farm! Or, if you can’t make it out, you can find us at the Market Square Farmers’ Market or the Boone Street Market.