Home School and Other Small Group Field Trips
Due to requests from several home school groups; Buffalo Trail Orchard is offering short field trips this fall on Thursdays in October. Field trips will be available on October 1st , 7th , 15th , and 22nd at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm. Only one group will be scheduled for any given time period. Home school groups must call (423) 639-2297 and leave a message with the requested field trip date and time.
Field trips will include the following:
- A hayride to the pumpkin patch and orchard. Owner will speak to the
- group at several locations along the hayride.
- A field trip pumpkin or $2 credit on a larger pumpkin for each paying child/adult.
- Two picnic tables will be setup for use by the field trip group.
- Drinks and popcorn will be available for purchase in the apple barn.
- Pick your own apples or pumpkins can also be done at additional cost.
- The field trip will cost $4 per child. Each group must include a minimum of 10 paying children/adults to schedule a field trip. Parents and guardians will not be charged the $4 fee.
- Any child or adult showing signs of illness or who have had recent contact with a sick person should stay home.
- Social distancing shall always be practiced keeping 6 feet of distance between other individuals (other than family members) and groups.
- CDC recommends wearing cloth face covering in settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain both indoors and outdoors. Face masks are required inside the apple barn and during hayrides except for small children and adults with medical conditions preventing them from wearing a mask.
- A handwashing station will be provided so quests can wash their hands when they arrive and before they leave.
- Pets are not allowed in the orchard or berry/pumpkin patches. Service animals are allowed.
- Buffalo Trail Orchard employees will sanitize high touch surfaces before each group arrives.